NHL realignment is still likely a ways off, so the Dallas Stars will spend at least one more season as a "west coast" team in the Pacific Division of the NHL's Western Conference. The NHL has just released the 2012-2013 schedule, and here are the highlights for Dallas:
- Dallas will play 41 home games and 41 away games, 24 against the Pacific Division, 40 against other teams in the Western Conference, and 18 games against the Eastern Conference.
- The Stars will open the season on the road at Pacific Division champ Phoenix on Saturday, October 13
- Dallas will also host the Coyotes for the home opener in American Airlines Arena on Tuesday, October 16
- The start of weeknight home games is being moved up by 30 minutes, from 7:30 p.m. CT to 7 p.m. CT.
- The Stars will host Nashville on New Year's Eve, Dec. 31, continuing a 15-year tradition of home games on that holiday.
For a complete look at the Stars' schedule, click here.
For more on the Dallas Stars, be sure to check out SB Nation's NHL page and Defending Big D.