So today is the day of the NFL's new Nike uniforms, and SB Nation has you covered on all of that.
Classic look intact! No day-glo green socks! While it doesn't look any different, though, it wouldn't be correct to say the uniform hasn't changed at all.
According to Nike, these are the benefits of the new uniform.
- LIGHTER - The Nike jersey and pant, wet or dry are lighter than previous versions
- FLYWIRE TECHNOLOGY- Eliminates layers, reduces weight, and provides lockdown fit
- ZONED MESH VENTILATION - Provides cooling zones for optimal thermoregulation
- ZONED STRENGTH - High tenacity, stretch material, for light weight lockdown strength.
- CUT FOR MOBILITY - Four-way stretch, hydrophobic materials enable range of motion wet or dry.
- STRETCH TWILL NUMBERS - Four-way stretch even on numbering system
- CUSTOMIZABLE BASELAYER PADDING - Nike Pro Combat Hyperstrong baselayer with integrated lightweight, Deflex padding offering customizable flexible protection.
- DEFLEX PADDING - Lightweight, flexible impact protection integrated into top "hit zone" areas
- ALUMINUM D-RING BELT - Aircraft-grade aluminum D-ring belt reduces weight.
How many of these are actual benefits, and how many are buzzwords, I don't know.
So that's kind of neat. In addition to all the other information you could hope for on these new jerseys, the link to SB Nation Pro Football above also gives you this picture of every team.