As the Dallas Cowboys will try to quickly to forget about letting a winnable game over the Arizona Cardinals slip through their proverbial fingers, one will be able to point to that particular game if the 'Boys happen to lose their top spot in the division or even their spot in their playoff picture.
At 7-5, the Cowboys have a one-game lead over the New York Giants. The divisional rivals will face off twice in the next four weeks and the divisional title still lies up for grabs. Plus with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and divisional rival Philadelphia Eagles both out of playoff contention, a feather in their cap could be to take down America's team.
Here are the top eight teams in the NFC going into week 14:
NFC Playoff Picture
1. Green Bay Packers 12-0 (NFC North)
2. San Francisco 49ers 10-2 (NFC West)
3. New Orleans Saints 9-3 (NFC South
4. Dallas Cowboys 7-5 (NFC East)
5. Chicago Bears 7-5 (Wild Card) Hold tiebreaker over Atlanta due to head-to-head record.
6. Atlanta Falcons 7-5 (Wild Card) Hold tiebreaker over Detroit due to head-to-head record.
7. Detroit Lions 7-5
8. New York Giants 6-6
For more on the Cowboys, check out Blogging The Boys. For more on the NFL, check out SB Nation's NFL page.