The London Olympics completed their run Sunday night, and in the medal count race the United States made a late run over the final few days to overtake China to win the overall medal count. Team USA had 102 total medals with an impressive 42 of them being gold. There were a quite a few Dallas-area athletes who helped out the United States in that haul by winning 14 medals.
Here are the Dallas athletes who won a medal:
• Jeremy Wariner, track and field, 4x400m relay, silver medal
• Paige McPherson, taekwondo, welterweight, bronze medal
• Jason Richardson, track and field, 110m hurdles, silver medal
• Darvis Patton, track and field, 4x100m relay, silver medal
• Ricky Berens, swimming, 4x200m freestyle relay, gold medal; 4x100m freestyle relay, silver medal
• Trey Hardee, track and field, decathlon, silver medal
• Sanya Richards-Ross, track and field, 400m, gold medal; 4x400m relay, gold medal
• Bianca Knight, track and field, 4x100m relay, gold medal
• Destinee Hooker, volleyball, silver medal
• Troy Dumais, 3m diving, bronze medal
• Brendan Hansen, swimming, 100m breaststroke, bronze medal; 4x100m medley relay, gold medal
For a complete breakdown, visit Sports Illustrated's medal count tracker.
For the latest on the 2012 Olympic Games, check out SB Nation's dedicated Olympics hub.