Apr 7, 2012; Dallas, TX, USA; Dallas Stars right wing Scott Glennie (15) and defenseman Brenden Dillon (4) take the ice to face the St. Louis Blues during the game at the American Airlines Center. The Blues defeated the Stars 3-2. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-US PRESSWIRE
The Dallas Stars finished just a few points out of the NHL Playoffs in what became a brutal Pacific Division. They'll look to break a four-year streak this fall.
NHL realignment is still likely a ways off, so the Dallas Stars will spend at least one more season as a "west coast" team in the Pacific Division of the NHL's Western Conference. The NHL has just released the 2012-2013 schedule, and here are the highlights for Dallas:
- Dallas will play 41 home games and 41 away games, 24 against the Pacific Division, 40 against other teams in the Western Conference, and 18 games against the Eastern Conference.
- The Stars will open the season on the road at Pacific Division champ Phoenix on Saturday, October 13
- Dallas will also host the Coyotes for the home opener in American Airlines Arena on Tuesday, October 16
- The start of weeknight home games is being moved up by 30 minutes, from 7:30 p.m. CT to 7 p.m. CT.
- The Stars will host Nashville on New Year's Eve, Dec. 31, continuing a 15-year tradition of home games on that holiday.
For a complete look at the Stars' schedule, click here.