The Dallas Mavericks look to bounce back from a loss to the Utah Jazz when they open their home schedule Saturday night against the Charlotte Bobcats.
The Dallas Mavericks will play their first home game of the 2012-13 NBA season Saturday night having already experienced the highs and lows a season provides.
A convincing 99-91 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on opening night Wednesday was immediately followed by a sobering 113-94 loss to the Utah Jazz Thursday night. Both games were on the road, but the Mavs finally get a chance to play in front of the home crowd Saturday night against what is expected to be one of the worst teams in the league, the Charlotte Bobcats.
It'll be the second game of the year for the Bobcats, who open their season Friday night at home against the Indiana Pacers. Expectations are low in Charlotte this year, so it'll be a good opportunity for the ailing Mavericks to get an early-season win, which is always a positive when a team's best player is out with injury. Dirk Nowitzki is still out after knee surgery. Fellow big man Chris Kaman missed the team's first two games, as well.
Saturday's game between the Mavs and Bobcats tips off at 7:30 p.m. CT and can be seen on Fox Sports Southwest. It's the only game this weekend for the Mavs, but there's plenty of action around the rest of the league. Here's the weekend NBA schedule, with nationally televised games specified. All times are CT:
Friday, Nov. 2
- Indiana at Charlotte, 6 p.m.
- Denver at Orlando, 6 p.m.
- Milwaukee at Boston, 6:30 p.m.
- Houston at Atlanta, 6:30 p.m.
- Chicago at Cleveland, 6:30 p.m.
- Utah at New Orleans, 7 p.m.
- Portland at Oklahoma City, 7 p.m.
- Miami at New York, 7 p.m., ESPN
- Sacramento at Minnesota, 7 p.m.
- Detroit at Phoenix, 9 p.m.
- Memphis at Golden State, 9:30 p.m.
- L.A. Clippers at L.A. Lakers, 9:30 p.m., ESPN
Saturday, Nov. 3
- Sacramento at Indiana, 6 p.m.
- Boston at Washington, 6 p.m.
- Denver at Miami, 6:30 p.m., NBATV
- Toronto at Brooklyn, 6:30 p.m.
- New Orleans at Chicago, 7 p.m.
- Portland at Houston, 7 p.m.
- Cleveland at Milwaukee, 7:30 p.m.
- Utah at San Antonio, 7:30 p.m.
- Charlotte at Dallas, 7:30 p.m.
- Golden State at L.A. Clippers, 9:30 p.m., NBATV
Sunday, Nov. 4
- Philadelphia at New York, 11 a.m.
- Phoenix at Orlando, 5 p.m.
- Minnesota at Toronto, 5 p.m.
- Atlanta at Oklahoma City, 6 p.m.
- Detroit at L.A. Lakers