Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports
Find out which celebrities you will be seeing pop up during the Super Bowl this Sunday.
For many people, Super Bowl Sunday is about football second and commercials first. Not only is it a battle for the NFL champion every year, but a battle of which company dominated consumerism the best and gained the most clout and hype when the day was done. Ads will be ranked, analyzed, tweeted and Facebooked perhaps more than even the Ravens or 49ers will be. Which commercial will come out on top is still unknown, but we do know a few of the famous faces that will be showing up during Super Bowl breaks on Feb. 3:
- Tracy Morgan, co-star of 30 Rock, will appear in an ad for the sports drink MiO Fit. The timing of Morgan in a Super Bowl ad (running for $4 million for a 30-second spot) can't be entirely coincidental: 30 Rock's series finale comes three days before the Super Bowl.
- Also on Thursday's on NBC, but thankfully not canceled, is Parks and Recreation. Star Amy Poehler will appear in an ad for Best Buy.
- Another sitcom star, Kaley Cuoco of The Big Bang Theory, is appearing in an ad for Toyota.
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson could technically be considered a television star, since he did get his start in the WWE (or maybe it was the WWF back then still) before mostly moving on to movies, will appear in a Got Milk? ad.
- Other non-TV stars that you can see during ads include Joe Montana for Skechers, Usher and Willem Defore for Mercedes, and Beyonce for Pepsi. There will also be models Kate Upton (Mercedes) and Bar Rafaeli (Go Daddy). However, there will always be the stars you never expected to see and often those are the ads that have the biggest impact. (Clint Eastwood for Chrysler, anyone?)
Which commercial has the biggest buzz on the gameday is still unknown, but we know for certain that we will be seeing a lot of stars. Oh, and some football too I guess.